I wanted to announce this on the website a couple of weeks ago but I chose to wait until some of the videos were done. As of now, there are 5 videos live and ready for you to sink your teeth into, with many more to come. There’s a lot of free, in depth information here on all sorts of topics in Ableton Live.
The tone of the Unscripted Sound Design videos is casual and, as the title implies, unplanned. I’ve always wanted to do a series of videos where the pace was more measured, so it has been a blast so far.
Over the coming months I’ll be filling this playlist out with plenty of videos on various topics, although the general theme involves me getting some general inspiration for the qualities of a sound and then sitting down to fill in the blanks. Along the way, you and I will both learn from both failures and successes, but of course I’ll be editing out most of the boring parts where literally nothing is happening
The topics covered so far include but are in no way limited to:
- An explanation of how Phasers work and what they’re used for
- Fun with recording and tweaking reverb tails
- The virtues of resampling and layering in Ableton Live
- How much I love coffee
- Making deep, dark stab sounds, reminiscent of old Detroit techno records with a hint of modernism
- Turning any sound into any other sound using magic and Sampler (but mostly magic)
- The effectiveness on combining the right chord with the right sound
- Chin stroking
- So much more!
So won’t you come and join us? I promise you’ll come out of each video feeling inspired. Plus, it won’t cost you a dime and it will also make you more attractive and you’ll be less awkward at parties.
Here’s the playlist link for you. Enjoy!
Come Check Out My new "Unscripted Sound Design" Series on Youtube by Nick Maxwell