20 Operator Patches. 20 Live Clips. 21 Videos. Inspiration + Education In 1 Pack!
Get inspired with this premium set of 20 ambient and atmospheric Operator patches for Ableton Live 8 and 9. Following many of the same design principles presented in my “Ableton Live: Operator Explained” tutorial series, Operator Ambience Vol. 1 will extend your patch library while also continuing to provide ideas and education for FM synthesis and Operator.
The sounds themselves are aimed at providing you with bubbling, morphing pads and atmospheric plucks and leads. Perfect for any musical or sound design project which requires delicate, blissed out sounds with tons of animation and character.
Here’s A Sampling of Each of The 20 Patches:
Rather than providing you with closed wave files that don’t show how they were made, the intent of this pack (and future packs) is to both educate and inspire. Each patch comes completely “open source,” allowing you to not only use the sound in your music or sound design, but also to reverse engineer it and tweak it to your precise needs.
Additionally, each patch comes packed in a “Live Clip” that loads with a ready-made clip of musical material which will serve as a suggestion for how to use the sound and a musical starting point in its own right.
Lastly, the pack comes with an intro video covering some common design principles that are shared between all of the patches as well as several tips on how to approach learning from and using the pack. You also get 20 short videos which cover a few of the more notable specifics of each sound. Again, it’s all about educating as well as providing the function of a traditional sound library, not just one or the other.
This affordable set is all about providing a tightly focused, thematically consistent set of ambient and atmospheric sounds. There’s a nice mix of plucked melodies, leads, and morphing pads. All of them are engineered to be played tonally while still providing dense ambience.
In Short, Here’s What You Will Get:
- 20 Operator patches that are completely open to reverse-engineering, tweaking, and learning
- 20 modifiable Live Clips corresponding with the patches which provide musical phrases and inspiration
- 1 substantive introductory video packed with Ableton Live tips as well as detailing common elements between all the patches
- 20 short videos detailing unique or noteworthy aspects of each patch, giving insight into their construction and suggestions for using them
- The same open inbox policy for support that I provide with all of my products