Using Ableton Live and this video tutorial series, you will learn how to take any ordinary sound and turn it into something completely new and useful.
The ability to control the quality of your sounds is a huge advantage in an increasingly saturated music market. This series will put you in control of your sounds from the ground up using efficient and fun techniques that won’t take a lot of time to use. Additionally, a true understanding of your tools will transform you from a consumer and recycler of other peoples’ sounds into someone that has the last word on every aspect of your sonic vision.
Just finished watching your tutorials for the first time yesterday, and wanted to let you know how much I gained from them. Your approach to sound design is exactly what I need right now… Also, your introduction to the various tools in Live was also very helpful… Having been burned in the past, I probably would not have given the tutorials a shot without that, and I’m very glad I did. – Scott H. Johnson
Here are just a few of the things you will learn in this Ableton Live Sampler tutorial series:
- Transform tiny, insignificant sounds into powerful drum hits through strategic uses of layering, tuning, filtering, and envelope modulation.
- Learn how to create rich melodic pads and lead sounds.
- Mimic complex and evolving wavetable synthesis with Sampler for truly unique atmospheres.
- Dramatically alter and improve melodic sounds through slicing and reprocessing.
- Combine modulation and effects parameters to create evolving textures.
- Divide a large number of parameters into small, manageable groups of related sound-shaping tools.
While my techniques aren’t the only way to go about things, they do make up a comprehensive and very unique set of tools that I guarantee will jump-start your creativity.
Level: Beginner to Advanced