Sound Design in Ableton Live: Analog
Get 25% off your entire order when you buy 3 or more items when you use the coupon code “BULK”
Play Time: 3 Hours 40 minutes
Master Subtractive Synthesis and Analog's Interface in order to unlock this instrument's fantastic sound design potential!
Demystifying Synthesis and Analog’s Interface
Looking to improve your skills with sound synthesis? How about more information on Ableton’s most misunderstood instrument? These two questions spawned this 3 hour 40 minute video tutorial series on the Analog synthesizer. Many people have been wondering where to begin with Analog’s interface and powerful functionality: “Sound Design in Ableton Live: Analog” serves as both a missing manual for the instrument plus a comprehensive introduction to the most important concepts in subtractive synthesis. By the end of the series, you’ll have a better understanding of the logic behind Analog’s interface and as well as its sonic potential.
A Series for the Novice and Expert Alike
Throughout this Ableton Live tutorial series, you’ll be guided all the way from a detailed explanation of the components of a subtractive synthesizer to a higher level of sound design through practical application. In addition to the videos, you’ll be given access to ready-made instrument rack presets so you can try out the instruments even before building them along with the tutorials.
Here’s what Omar Baha had to say about this series:
“If only every tutorial were as good as yours. your name should be KING ABLETON! i can actually use analog now. the way it was meant to be used . i have watched many tutorials and none of em came close to yours. i usually dont leave comments on websites but after watching the third analog video, i felt obligated to send you a thanks. keep up the great work!”
This short montage contains examples of what you can expect from the series:
Some of the Topics Covered in this Series:
- Thorough Coverage of Important Concepts such as Filters, Envelopes, LFOs, and More
- Pulse Wave Modulation
- Animating a Formant Filter to Simulate Human Speech
- Using the Noise Generator to Add Extra Texture to Your Sound
- Creative Macro Knob Mappings to Extend the Features of Analog
- Parallel and Series Filter Routings for Truly Huge Sounds
- Powerful LFO and Envelope Routing Possibilities, Including Commonly Overlooked Parameters
- Creating Dynamic Performance Options with Velocity Modulation
- Creating Animated Drums with Filtered and Enveloped White Noise Oscillators
Unlike a lot of other tutorials, these videos explain each decision in the sound design process rather than simply moving forward and assuming that you know exactly what’s going on. This is not a “paint by numbers” tutorial series but rather an attempt to empower you to do this stuff on your own. I invite you to join me for a few hours and learn the amazing sonic potential of Analog!
“…Not only have you freed me from relying on the bundled presets of what was once the impenetrable analog instrument, you have also saved me the hundred or so Euros I was prepared to pay for a vsti with an interface that I could understand…Thank you.” – Emanuel”
What version of Live does this series require, and are your videos up to date with the latest version of Live?
- The included presets can only be opened in Live 8 or 9. However, I take you in detail through the creation of all the sounds so you’ll end up with the presets even if you have an older version.
- These videos will always be up to date with the latest version of Live because I teach creative techniques that don’t rely too heavily on the changing trends of technology. The techniques presented in this series have not changed between software versions, and will remain relevant regardless of software version.